Win the Ultimate Runner Terms and Conditions
- The “Win the Ultimate Runner” Promotion (the “Promotion”) begins at 12.00am on Friday the 9th of February 2018 and finishes at 11.59pm on Monday the 5th of March 2018 (the “Promotional Period”).
- The Promotion is offered by Z Energy Limited 2015 of Box 684, Auckland, 1140, New Zealand. Z Energy markets the Caltex brand in New Zealand and uses the Caltex logo and Caltex trademarks under license of Chevron Incorporated. For the purposes of these terms and conditions Z Energy 2015 Limited is referred to as “Caltex NZ”.
- There are four “Draw Dates” to determine winners during the promotion, these dates are as follows:
- Tuesday 13th February 2018
- Tuesday 20th February 2018
- Tuesday 27th February 2018
- Tuesday 6th March 2018
Method of Entry, Eligibility
- The promotion is open to all customers of Z Energy who purchase at least $40 of petrol or diesel (“Fuel”) in a single transaction at a participating Caltex station during the Promotion Period (“Qualifying Purchase”). Customers who make a Qualifying Purchase will be provided with a unique code to be entered online. The unique code will be provided on a promo card, given to the customer after the purchase is completed.
- The customer may only receive one promo card per qualifying transaction while stocks last, regardless of how much is spent over the qualifying $40.
- To enter the draw, the customer will need to enter the unique code on their promo card, and details, on the website found at caltex.co.nz/cricket. The customer details required are their first and last name, phone number, and email address. The customer has the option of providing their AA Smart fuel Number, and their preferred Caltex store.
- Each Unique Code gives the customer one entry into the draw to “Win the Ultimate Runner” and win a “Summer Prize” for each of the four draw dates during the promotion.
- All entrants must be New Zealand residents. Employees and agents of Caltex NZ, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their immediate families, and employees of Caltex service stations, and their immediate families, are not eligible to participate. “Immediate families” means the husband, wife, spouse, parent, siblings, and children (including step parents, siblings and children).
- All StarCard and other fuel card customers are eligible to enter the Promotion.
- The promotion may not be entered by a person under the age of 18.
- Caltex NZ reserves the right to request proof of an Entrant's eligibility in the event that there is a doubt over his/her eligibility for the Promotion and/or the Draw, and to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
“Win The Ultimate Runner” Prize Draw
- The prize is to be won each week during the Promotion Period (the “Runner Prize”). The Runner Prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken for cash.
- The Runner Prize consists of two tickets to the next BlackCaps game, flights for two people to the game location, accommodation for two for one night. If the winner lives locally, alternative transport arrangements will be made. Details in respect of this will be supplied to the winner upon confirmation. In addition, the Runner Prize provides the winner with Chris Harris as their personal “runner”. Running duties will be shared between Chris Harris and his assistant. The winner will be able to ask Chris Harris to get non-alcoholic beverages and food items from the vendors at the stadium, and other reasonable tasks to be accepted at the discretion of Chris Harris. Chris Harris will stay at the game for a maximum of 4 hours. Caltex NZ will allow up to $100 NZD total to be spent on runner tasks.
- The winner must have a valid Credit or Debit card available to use for checking into accommodation.
- Upon confirmation of accepting the prize, the winner must provide their home address for pick-up, and any details reasonably requested for booking flights and accommodation.
- The winner must provide the requested details of their chosen person to Caltex NZ. This person can be under the age of 18 if the winner accepts full responsibility and supervision of the minor.
- The draw will take place at the offices of Caltex NZ or one of its agents on each Draw Date as listed in Clause 3. The first valid entry drawn will win the Runner Prize. The remaining entrants are still eligible to win a “Summer Prize” (see below).
- Caltex NZ will attempt to notify the “Win the Ultimate Runner” winner on the respective draw date using the email address and/or phone number used to enter the Draw. If the “Win the Ultimate Runner” winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours (i.e. the winner has not responded to the email or made contact with Caltex NZ in some other way), Caltex NZ reserves the right to redraw and draw a replacement “Win the Ultimate Runner” winner.
- If for any reason a prize winner does not redeem the Runner Prize or an element of the Runner Prize within the time period stipulated by Caltex NZ, then the Prize will be forfeited. Caltex NZ takes no responsibility for disputes arising as a result of entries submitted by entrants using an email address or phone number provided in their entry.
- The Runner Prize cannot be gifted by the winner to another individual.
- The winners of the Runner Prize may also be announced on Caltex NZ’s social media pages and website.
The "Summer Prize" Prize Draw
- The prizes are to be won each week during the Promotion Period (the “Summer Prizes”). The Summer Prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be taken for cash.
- The Summer Prizes consist of Zinc Pottles, 550ml Titan Water Bottles, Picnic Blankets, Beach Towels, Umbrellas, Cooler Bags, Portable Charcoal BBQs, Bluetooth Speakers, and Beach Balls. The Summer Prizes will be assigned randomly as the winning names are drawn.
- The draw will take place at the offices of Caltex NZ or one of its agents on each Wednesday at 10am during the promotion period. At least 700 Summer Prizes will be won each week.
- Caltex NZ will notify the Summer Prize winners by sending an email to their provided address, and posting a list of the winners on the Caltex website and/or social media pages. If the Summer Prize winner cannot be contacted within 120 hours (i.e the winner has not responded to the email with a courier address), Caltex NZ reserves the right to redraw and draw a replacement Summer Prize winner.
- If for any reason a prize winner does not redeem the Summer Prize or an element of the Summer Prize within the time period stipulated by Caltex NZ, then the Prize will be forfeited. Caltex NZ takes no responsibility for disputes arising as a result of entries submitted by entrants using an email address or phone number provided in their entry. Each winner will be the owner of the email address that was submitted with the winning entry.
- The winners of the Summer Prizes may have their names listed on Caltex NZ’s social media pages and website.
- Entrants acknowledge that the promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and that Facebook has no liability to entrants in relation to the promotion. Entrants agree to fully release Facebook from any and all liability in relation to your participation in this promotion. All information entrants provide in connection with this promotion is to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- Caltex NZ’s decision on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Caltex NZ may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or the Draw or these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason before the close of entry and shall not be liable to any Entrant or prize winner for any loss or damage incurred as a result.
- Caltex NZ takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late or illegible entries, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access telecommunications network services, or any other error or malfunction. Caltex NZ excludes all liability for any defect or damage in the prizes, nor for any connection costs or ongoing expenses. Caltex NZ excludes all li ability for any damage or loss suffered, or incurred by the prize winners in relation to the Runner Prize, including but not limited to any additional costs incurred in relation to the accommodation.
- Except for liability that may not by law be excluded, Caltex NZ shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions, this Promotion and/or the Draw for any cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by any Entrant, even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable, and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- Information on how to enter the Promotion/Draw and information provided on the Prizes form part of these terms and conditions. Participation in this Promotion or the Draw is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by New Zealand law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
a) First name and surname;
b) Email address;
c) Phone number.
Contact information will be used by Caltex NZ only for the purposes of contacting winning Entrants unless individuals have opted into the Opt In Service. Unsuccessful Entrants will not be contacted. In addition, the entrant has the option to provide their AA Smart fuel Number, and preferred Caltex Station.
- Entrants consent, and waive all rights (including copyright and moral rights) to Caltex NZ using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and /or voice (including photograph, film, and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion and the Draw (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Caltex NZ.