StarCard Lubricants $500 StarCash Competition
Promotion summary: Z Energy 2015 Limited is offering selected StarCard customers that purchase $15 (inc GST) of products from the Caltex Lubricants range, between 6 June 2018 and 30 June 2018, the opportunity to enter into a draw to win one of three $500 Caltex StarCash Giftcards.
- StarCard customers that use their StarCard to purchase NZ$15 of product from the Caltex Lubricants range, between 6 June 2018 and 30 June 2018, will automatically be entered into a draw to win one of three $500 Caltex StarCash Giftcards. (the “Competition”).
- The Competition begins at 12.00am on 6 June 2018 and ends at 11.59pm on 30 June 2018 (the “Competition Period”).
- The Competition is offered by Z Energy 2015 Limited of 3 Queens Wharf, Wellington, and New Zealand. Z Energy 2015 Limited markets the Caltex brand in New Zealand and uses the Caltex logo and Caltex trademarks under license of Chevron Incorporated. For the purposes of these terms and conditions Z Energy 2015 Limited is referred to as “Caltex NZ”. Caltex NZ is the promoter of this Competition.
Method of Entry, Eligibility
- To be eligible to enter the Competition, the entrant must be a StarCard customer who has paid all outstanding account transactional amounts.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must spend NZ$15 or more on products from the Caltex Lubricants range (“Qualifying Purchase”) and swipe their StarCard.
- Each Qualifying Purchase constitutes one entry into the draw.
- Entrants must comply with StarCard terms and conditions. StarCard terms and conditions can be found here.
Prize and Redemption
- The Prize consists of one Caltex StarCash Giftcard loaded with NZ$500 (“Prize”). StarCash terms and conditions apply. StarCash terms and conditions can be found here.
- Caltex NZ will courier the Prize directly to the winner within 7 working days of the winner accepting the Prize.
- Caltex NZ accepts no responsibility for disputes arising as a result of entries submitted by entrants using a StarCard belonging to any other person.
- The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken for cash.
- In the event that Caltex NZ cannot award the Prize to the Prize winner, Caltex NZ will instead award a different Prize of equal monetary value to the Prize winner.
- The Prize is personal to the winner and cannot be transferred to another person without the consent of Caltex NZ. If the Prize winner is unable to accept the prize for any reason, Caltex NZ reserves the right to award the Prize to another winner.
- The winner of the Prize will be drawn randomly by Caltex NZ at 9.00am on 9 July 2018 from all eligible entries received during the Competition Period.
- Prize draw(s) will take place at the offices of Caltex NZ or one of its agents.
- Caltex NZ will attempt to notify the Prize winner on 9 July 2018 using contact details provided through the Prize winner’s StarCard account. If the Prize winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours from when the winner is drawn, for example where the Prize winner has not responded to Caltex NZ’s attempts to make contact or has not replied to Caltex NZ’s attempts to make contact), Caltex NZ at its sole discretion, may redraw the winner or forfeit the prize.
The following terms and conditions apply to the $500 StarCash Competition (referred to below as the Competition).
- Employees and agents of Caltex NZ, their affiliates and subsidiaries, and their immediate families, and employees of Caltex NZ service stations, and their immediate families, are not eligible to participate. “Immediate families” means the husband, wife, spouse, parent, siblings, and children (including step parents, siblings and children). Those directly connected to the Competition are also not eligible to participate.
- Information on how to enter the Competition and the Prize form part of these terms and conditions. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Caltex NZ’s decision in relation to all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition details set out above and these miscellaneous terms and conditions form the terms and conditions for the Competition (the “Rules”). By entering the Competition, entrants consent to agree to the Rules.
- Caltex NZ reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if Caltex NZ believes that entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- Entrants consent, and waive all rights (including copyright and moral rights) to Caltex NZ using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film, and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome). Entrants consent to Caltex NZ taking photos and videos of the entrant for publicity purposes.
- Caltex NZ will not take any responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late or illegible entries, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access telecommunications network services, or any other error or malfunction. Caltex NZ excludes all liability for any defect or damage in the prizes, or for any connection costs or ongoing expenses.
- These Rules are governed by New Zealand law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
- Caltex NZ may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or the Rules at any time and for any reason before the close of entry and shall not be liable to any entrant or prize winner for any loss or damage incurred as a result.
- Caltex NZ reserves the right to request proof of an entrant's eligibility in the event that there is a doubt over his/her eligibility for the Competition, and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions and the Rules.
- Caltex NZ takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Competition due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, force majeure or otherwise.
- Except for liability that may not by law be excluded, Caltex NZ shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions and/or this Competition for any cost, expense, loss or damage suffered or incurred, by any participant, even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable, and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.