BLACKCAPS Bonus Terms & Conditions
Caltex is giving all customers that shop at Caltex, on a BLACKCAPS match day between Thursday 25 January and Wednesday 21 February 2018 (“BLACKCAPS Bonus Day”), the opportunity receive a BLACKCAPS Bonus Card (the "Voucher”). The Voucher offers customers a 10 cents per litre discount (the “Discount”) that can be redeemed between Thursday 25 January and Saturday 31 March 2018 (the “Promotional Period”) at a participating Caltex station. To redeem the Voucher, customers must spend $40 or more on petrol or diesel in one transaction at a participating Caltex station during the Promotional Period and surrender the Voucher.
The promoter is Z Energy 2015 Limited, Box 684, Auckland, 1140, New Zealand (“Z Energy 2015”), the company that markets the Caltex brand in New Zealand, under license from Chevron Inc. which owns the Caltex logo and Caltex trademarks.
1. The ‘BLACKCAPS Bonus’ promotion runs from 12:00:00 am on Thursday 25 January 2018 to 11:59:59 pm on Saturday 31 March 2018 (the “Promotional Period”).
2. The Voucher will be issued once per qualifying transaction only on a BLACKCAPS Bonus Day between 12:00:00am Thursday 25 January and 11:59:59pm Wednesday 21 February 2018 (the “Match Period”).
3. To be eligible to receive the Voucher customers need to:
a. Visit a participating Caltex station on a BLACKCAPS Bonus Day within the trading hours of each individual station during the Match Period (list of participating Caltex stations here);
b. Spend any amount in the relevant Caltex station and on any product (excluding purchases of tobacco products and Lotto New Zealand products) in one transaction (a “Qualifying Purchase”). Qualifying Purchases may be made by cash, eftpos, credit card, or StarCash. Qualifying Purchases exclude payment by Fuelcards.
4. The Discount may be used during the Promotional Period only, for any fuel grade (excluding LPG) for one transaction, for one vehicle, up to a maximum of 100 litres. All fuel types may not be available at all participating service stations. The Discount will be given at the time of fuel purchase.
5. To redeem the Discount customers need to:
a. Visit a participating Caltex station within the trading hours of each individual station during the Promotional Period (list of participating Caltex stations here);
b. Spend $40 or more on petrol or diesel in one transaction (a “Fuel Purchase”). Fuel Purchases may be made by cash, eftpos, credit card, or StarCash. Fuel card purchases excluded.
c. Surrender the original Voucher at the time of payment. Only one Voucher may be used per transaction.
6. This Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other fuel discount promotion or fuel card discounts including StarCard or AA Smartfuel.
7. Z Energy 2015 reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this promotion or any entry without notice and for any reason at any time; and is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of this promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
8. Z Energy 2015’s decision on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. These terms and conditions are governed by New Zealand law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
10. For any further information please contact Z Energy 2015’s customer service centre on 0800 733 835 or email@example.com.
BLACKCAPS Bonus Starcash Gift Card Competition
1. The “BLACKCAPS Bonus Starcash Gift Card” (the “Competition”) begins at 6.00am on Thursday 25 January 2018 and ends at 11.59pm on Saturday 31 March 2018 (the “Competition Period”).
2. The Competition is offered by Z Energy 2015 Limited, Box 684, Auckland, 1140, New Zealand (“Z Energy 2015”). Z Energy 2015 Limited is the promoter of this Competition.
Method of Entry, Eligibility
3. To be eligible to enter the Competition, the entrant must be a New Zealand resident and be aged 13 years or older. If the entrant is aged between 13 and 18, the prize will be awarded to the parent or guardian of that entrant.
4. Entrants can enter the Competition by completing the form on the back of their BLACKCAPS Bonus card (the “Voucher”).
5. Entrants may enter the Competition more than once. One Voucher per entry.
Prize and Redemption
6. The Prize is one Caltex StarCash gift card to the value of $100 (“Prize”). Caltex StarCash gift card terms and conditions apply.
7. The winner of the Prize will be drawn randomly by Z Energy 2015 at 9.00am on Friday 20 April 2018 from all eligible entries received during the Competition Period.
8. Prize draws will take place at the offices of Z Energy 2015 or one of its agents.
9. Z Energy 2015 will attempt to notify the Prize winner on Friday 20 April 2018. If the Prize winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours (i.e. the Prize winner has not responded to the phone call or made contact with Z Energy 2015 in some other way), Z Energy 2015 at its discretion may redraw the winner or forfeit the prize.
10. Z Energy 2015 will courier the prize directly to the winner within 7 days of the winner accepting their prize.
11. Z Energy 2015 and accept no responsibility for disputes arising as a result of entries submitted by entrants using an email address or phone number belonging to any other person.
12. The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken for cash.
13. In the instance that Z Energy 2015 cannot award the Prize to the Prize winner, Z Energy 2015 will instead award a different Prize of equal value to the Prize winner.
14. Prizes are personal to the winners and cannot be transferred to another person without the consent of Z Energy 2015. If the Prize winner is unable to accept the prize for any reason, Z Energy 2015 reserves the right to award the prize to another winner.
The following terms and conditions apply to both the Caltex – ‘BLACKCAPS Bonus’ 10 cent per litre discount promotion and the BLACKCAPS Bonus Starcash Gift Card Competition (together referred to below as the Competition).
1. Employees and agents of Z Energy 2015, their affiliates and subsidiaries, and their immediate families, and employees of Caltex service stations, and their immediate families, are not eligible to participate. “Immediate families” means the husband, wife, spouse, parent, siblings, and children (including step parents, siblings and children). Those directly connected to the Competition are also not eligible to participate.
2. Information on how to enter the Competition, the Discount, and the Prize form part of these terms and conditions. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Z Energy 2015’s decision in relation on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The Competition details set out above and these terms and conditions form the terms and conditions for the competition (the “Rules”). By entering the Competition, entrants consent to agree to the Rules.
5. Z Energy 2015 reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if Z Energy 2015 believe that entrant has breached any of the Rules.
7. Entrants consent, and waive all rights (including copyright and moral rights) to Z Energy 2015 using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and /or voice (including photograph, film, and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome). Entrants consent to Z Energy 2015 taking photos and videos of the entrant for publicity purposes.
8. Z Energy 2015 will not take any responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late or illegible entries, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access telecommunications network services, or any other error or malfunction. Z Energy 2015 excludes all liability for any defect or damage in the prizes, or for any connection costs or ongoing expenses.
9. These Rules are governed by New Zealand law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
10. Z Energy 2015 may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or these Rules at any time and for any reason before the close of entry and shall not be liable to any entrant or prize winner for any loss or damage incurred as a result.
11. By ticking the option “Yes, I would like to receive communications with special offers from Caltex” you consent to receive commercial electronic messages from Z Energy 2015. You also consent to receiving any electronic messages containing updated information in relation to Caltex news and various other information of related interest. You may unsubscribe at any time to receive such messages by following the unsubscribe process specified in any such electronic message that you receive.
12. Z Energy 2015 reserves the right to request proof of an entrant's eligibility in the event that there is a doubt over his/her eligibility for the Competition, and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
13. Z Energy 2015 takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Competition due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, force majeure or otherwise.
14. Except for liability that may not by law be excluded, Z Energy 2015 shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions and/or this Competition for any cost, expense, loss or damage suffered or incurred, by any participant, even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable, and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.